Monday, April 30, 2012

Proof of the unorganized...

There are a lot of people who are under the impression that I stay completely organized. Well... that just plain isn't the way it works. First of all, all of my cleaning time that I had before this school year is completely gone now and has been replaced by homeschooling. Not only that, but I have added Bible study, a babysitting job, and all of Ben's enrichment activities into an already busy schedule which includes activities for all three kids. There is just plain not enough time in the day to get everything done and the little time that I do have is spent recovering from this schedule. Thus, keeping my house organized kind of gets pushed aside.

The school room is small. I have utilized as much space as possible, but it is small nonetheless. I have lots of organization in the room, but unfortunately the working version of the room does not stay organized. Here is what our school room looks like regularly.



I do clean it up and put everything away as often as I can. I also try to get a vacuum in there and dust. However, this is what happens after about a week of craziness. As you can see, there are piles of workbooks strewn about. Math manipulatives are strewn about. Piles of library books are on the floor. The preschool desk is completely covered from top to bottom. The only desk that I insist stays usable is Benjamin's. However, the floor around his desk... not so much. If you look closely, you'll even see a Santa hat under his chair...not sure where that Santa hat came from, actually....

So, as you can see, the busy schedule we follow does take its toll. But, you can also see that there is a LOT of learning going on in this room. This stuff is out because it was being used. I have a feeling that this school room will be gutted some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment