The kids really enjoyed covering the jars in orange paint. I made the faces ahead of time with the tape and just had them pick out which jar that they wanted. This was just to save time. If I do it again, I would let them do the faces and would make the openings bigger. I also would use acrylic instead of tempera. That was actually my original plan because acrylic tends to cover better, but I didn't have any orange acrylic paint and had a whole bottle of the tempera.
It DID however, look like a pumpkin massacre all over the art table when they finished. Maybe I should just display the art table on Halloween....
Once they finished drying, I was eager to see the final results. Here they are! They will definitely be out front on Halloween... imperfections and all.
|The jars after drying before candles.|
|The jars all lit up... the faces are a little hard to see.|
|The winner of the easiest to see face is Kate's.|