Tuesday, October 11, 2011

He can gain weight!


My sons have been small since birth. They were born weighing just 1 lb. 15 oz. and 2 lbs. They have been on high calorie diets since birth. I literally had to put oil in their baby formula and butter in their babyfood. However, despite all of this work, my boys are 7 years old and weigh just 30 and 31 lbs. They have to wear slim size pants with adjustable waistbands taken most of the way in, and the pants STILL fall down. 

After visiting their neurologist recently, I was convinced that I needed to once again step up my attempts at getting extra calories into their diets. I have a lot of great recipe ideas for those in a similar situation and will be posting some of those ideas soon.  

I am happy to say that after 3 months of adding the extra calories into their diets, Benjamin has gained 3 lbs. YAY!!! Benjamin has actually weighed 31 lbs. for the last 2 years, even after growing 6 inches. Today's weight: 34 lbs!! I would say that a 10% increase in weight over the last 3 months is a great success! I have actually been able to let out some of the adjustable waists on his pants, although he is still quite a ways away from being able to wear non-slim pants or pants that don't have an adjustable band.

No comments:

Post a Comment