Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chicken Soup

One of my fondest memories of Kindergarten was reading and memorizing Maurice Sendak's book of poems called, Chicken Soup with Rice. At the beginning of every month, my Kindergarten teacher would put the poem of the month up on the bulletin board. We would recite it as a class every morning during that month during calendar time. At the end of the month, we had to recite it from memory.

As I was going through my huge collection of children's books at the beginning of the school year, I came across a copy of this book. I was so excited. I immediately posted a copy of the "August" poem on our bulletin board and used it during our calendar time. Benjamin loved the silliness. He read it over and over during that month. I am excited to see that he likes it as much as I do!

Here are the videos of the August and the September poems. It has easily become one of the favorite activities of the morning.






No comments:

Post a Comment