Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fair Time 2012!

I love the fair and always have. The Los Angeles County fair in California is phenomenal and I luckily got to grow up less than 10 minutes away from it. The fairs near us in North Carolina are not nearly as nice or large, but they are still great educational day trips for the kids... plus they are loads of fun.

The last two years, the kids have watched the wood spinners at the fair and have received wooden tops for their patience. The kids love that they can take home a personalized (they picked the colors) souvenir that was made just for them. Plus, the tops are great for teaching them fine motor skills. It takes a lot of coordination to get those things to spin.






We always visit the petting zoo and feed the animals. Ever want to know what a baby alpaca looks like (The owner said it's a recently shorn alpaca)? I didn't know I did until I had no clue what this animal was...


We all feed the animals together and learn about sheep, goats, llamas...


... and whatever these things are. I think they are called Zebus??



We teach kids how to graffiti on walls....



and learn independence while riding rides BY THEMSELVES!!! This is HUGE for my boys who previously had to ride them with one of us.



Overall, it was a fun-filled day with lots of family time.


No comments:

Post a Comment